read_connect(); //$GLOBALS[ezoic_db]->read->query("use 17things"); ?>

How do i get medical insurance for my unborn baby?

i’m 17 and my baby is due in January. My 18th birthday is in January also. Currently i’m staying with my guardian and i’m on her insurance but when i’m 18 i’ll be tooken off the insurance. I just want to know how do I go about getting medical insurance for my baby & I?
I will be working sometime next week. My babys father is working too. I’m planning to apply for section A until things get a little more stable.
I live in TN

Related Items

5 Responses to “How do i get medical insurance for my unborn baby?”

  1. Lori S said :

    Apply for medicaid-the only other way to get coverage for you and your baby is to get a job that offers group insurance.

  2. Zarnev said :

    If you are not working your only option would be Medicaid. You will have to contact your state’s Medicaid office to apply. You should do that now because, depending on your situation, you might qualify before the baby is born. Since you currently have insurance that insurance will be primary and Medicaid will be secondary, picking up the cost that your primary doesn’t pay.

    If you are working or if your household income is above the limits for Medicaid you’ll need to see a local agent that works with all the major companies after the baby is born. The agent will be able to help you find the best plan for you at that time. Be aware that most individual plans will not accept a newborn for up to 2 months.

  3. juansangel619 said :

    where do you live? in california you and your your baby can qualify for no cost insurance depends on income..their income limit is higher if the baby is a yr younger. and there is also healthy families where you pay a premium of $5-$45 a month covering all. depending on income.

  4. mbrcatz17 said :

    You get a job, with health insurance benefits, put your baby in full time daycare, and start working.

    Otherwise, it’s going to cost you around $400 a month for the both of you.

  5. my3lives said :

    Contact your local Health & Human Services office and find out what options you may have available through them. You may qualify for Medicaid.

    And also just a quick note, when you say apply for Section A… it’s actually Section 8 I believe that you meant to say.

    Good Luck!


[newtagclound int=0]


Recent Comments

Recent Posts