read_connect(); //$GLOBALS[ezoic_db]->read->query("use 17things"); ?>

Can you recommend some Alternate Medicine for Prostate glands enlargement.?

I have been taking Prazosin 2mg bd and 5mg Finast daily for the last 11 years.. Doctor says this is the maximum dosage and if the condition worsens, to go for surgery. Will surgery restore all what I have lost due to this sickness and for how long?

Related Items

4 Responses to “Can you recommend some Alternate Medicine for Prostate glands enlargement.?”

  1. Lightning said:

    The prostate is a soft tissue and later in life can become enlarged because of poor lymphatic drainage.
    Dr. Barral a French osteopath has come up with treatment protocols which can help reduce it by 25% in these cases. Dr. ken losing ( is also doign research based on these technique principles and has reported some very encouraging findings.
    I suggest looking up and finding a suitable practitioner trained in these techniques.
    Not everyone who has done Barral courses will be suitably skilled to do these techniques (I wouldn’t for example) so if you find someone on the website give them a call first and ask them if they can help you.

    Dr. Jean Pierre Barral is in the process of doing a research study in Grenoble in France.

    NB. If you’d had this problem for 11 years, didn’t want to go under the knife and had the possibility of something working which didn’t involve surgery or drugs and was safe, wouldn’t you want to give it a go?
    And no these techniques do not involve spinal adjustments.

  2. Rhianna said:

    Assuming we are talking about benign prostatic hyperplasia, the pro-sCAM supporters usually recommend beta-sitosterols and Saw Palmetto for this, but there is no good evidence that either is of any benefit. – And much less evidence to support what Lighty is saying. Not that Lighty worries about little things like that!

    There are quite a few surgical options, which are generally only considered if people don’t get symptom relief from medication alone. You’d need to see a surgeon so he can decide which is the best option for you.

    The most common is TURP (Transurethral resection of the prostate). This involves cutting out the middle of the enlarged prostate. Another similar procedure is called Transurethral incision of the prostate. – This involves the surgeon making cuts in the neck of the bladder and prostrate to improve urine flow. I don’t think GA is needed for the latter procedure. -I think it can be done with a regional block.

    There are other less invasive surgical treatments such as laser therapy and microwave therapy. These types of therapies have less side effects and carry less risks than the other procedures. They are probably not as effective.

    TURP usually helps symptoms. The problem is, up to 80% of men have issues with retrograde ejaculation afterwards (semen passes into your bladder after ejaculation), however actual impotence and incontinence are rare. As with any surgical procedure, there are risks and the risks and benefits need to be assessed.
    Edited to take a shot at Lighty’s answer 🙂 Didn’t see him the first time around.

    Many Chiro’s and Osteo’s claim they can improve the lymph and blood drainage and increase the circulation to the prostate. However, there is little or no good evidence
    to support this.

  3. fretochose said:

    evidence is in the results
    saw palmetto (twice the dose on the container) and 25mg zinc daily will help you avoid the surgery which leaves most men incontinent. it will take 3 to 6 months to get best results

  4. Nvrgvup said:

    Oops, I thought I was on the Alternative Medicine link. Doesn’t seem so, with all the advice on what drugs to take. Anyhow, here’s what I would do, fast. Yes, fast. It can work miracles, and save your life . Check it out, it’s cheap, natural, and available any time you feel ill.


[newtagclound int=0]


Recent Comments

Recent Posts